About Faneisha “Fo” Alexander
- Founder of Mama & Money® and The Monetized Mom™
- Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI)
- 2 x author of the books Dump Debt & Build Bank®: The Everyday Chick’s Guide To Money and They That Wait
- 10+ years as a blogger & freelance writer on the topics of personal finances, personal development, entrepreneurship, and motherhood
- BS, Mechanical Engineering – Clemson University
- MEM, Master of Engineering Management – Duke University.
As a Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI), she has been teaching personal finances to women & youth for over a decade. She has served as a financial education volunteer for Junior Achievement and a speaker for community organizations and corporations.
With over a decade of experience, Fo is an established writer and expert contributor on the topics of personal finance, budgeting, debt payoff, money mindset, saving, entrepreneurship, investing, motherhood, and personal development. Her commentary has been cited in Yahoo! Finance, MSN Money, USNews, Parents, Debt.com, Bankrate, and more!
December 2013 was when I realized that I was in over $78,000 in student loan debt. Distraught, I was determined to find a way out.
After landing on a few resources, I was finally able to get a handle on my finances. Within 3 years, I was able to pay off my debt, cash flow my dream wedding, and begin a life of financial freedom with my husband.
On that journey, I recognized that there were few people who looked like me sharing information about money management, debt payoff, and financial freedom.
So, fingers to keyboard, the first site of what has become Mama & Money® was birthed— bringing more representation to the world of personal finance.
Now, over a decade later, my financial situation looks a lot different. My husband and I have been able to:
- Pay off my $78,000 in student loan debt in less than 3 years ($47,000 in 6 months)
- Purchase our first home & pay off our mortgage in 4 years
- Triple our investment portfolio
- Fund our kids’ college accounts
- Give generously to people and causes that we believe in
- Leave my career as an engineer to be a full-time mom and entrepreneur
My mission is to use my expertise as a certified financial educator and personal experience to help other moms attain financial freedom and live the life that they truly desire.
- Featured in the bestselling book, Clever Girl Finance: Learn How Investing Works, Grow Your Money.
- Dump Debt & Build Bank® listed as one of 10 best books for Black women by 21Ninety
In the media
- His & Her Money Podcast: How Faneisha Destroyed $47,000 of Debt In 6 Months!
- 21Ninety: Dump Debt & Build Bank featured on the list of 10 best books for Black women
See more media & press features here.